Constructed in 1894 on the banks of the Holly River, Mollohan’s Mill operated until 1953 when it was closed after a major flood destroyed its dam and washed away one of the water wheels. It was restored by the Mollohan family beginning in the 1980’s. With the exception of the dam and single water wheel, the original equipment of the Mollohan Mill is completely intact. The mill was placed on the National Register of Historic Places and is today one of the only remaining turbine driven grist mills in the United States. The mill is featured as one of the attractions along the Mountain Parkway Byway and Backway in the northern part of Webster County.
Replete, West Virginia 26222