Designed by Senator E.H. Morton, construction of this house began in 1909 and was finished in 1912. Each room has a different type of native wood; curly birch, oak, cherry, walnut, etc. all from the Cherry River Boom and Lumber Company. It was the first home to have electricity in the county. Many political meetings and dinners have been held here and the house has seen many important visitors over the years. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and continues to serve as a private residence today.
Webster Springs, West Virginia 26288